Monday, August 25, 2014

My Little Sponges

There is nothing quite like being reminded of how you behave than watching your child throughout the day. These two boys are such little sponges. From the way I handle stressful situations, the way I socialize, to the way I show affection...they pick up on EVERYTHING.

When the babies were little if I got frustrated instead of yelling at whatever was frustrating me (a stubbed toe, getting peed on, dropping something) I would make this "hhmmmmggg" noise. Sounds funny, I know, but I figured doing that instead of yelling out loud would be better. So now, HB does this. It cracks me up because he kind of does it at not the right moment or he WILL do it at the right moment which makes me laugh even more. He won't like the way something turns out and he make the same "hmmmgg" noise and carries on. So funny.

My husband and I are very social people. If anyone strikes up a convo with us, we will engage. We love talking, especially him. In a good way :) My sons are following suit. I love it! Of course they are timid until I say "say hi" or "wave". They are very curious about other people. Although I do want them to be cautious and understand the dangers of strangers, I also want them to be friendly. If they don't want to say hi at least flashing a smile is nice. I love seeing that from my husband's and I example the boys are beginning to show an interest in knowing and engaging in people.

My favorite thing lately though is the random hugs. Oh melt my heart! HB and CJ will just randomly run up to me, give me a hug or a kiss and run on their merry way. I am so affectionate with my boys (as I know most parents are) and I feel like that feel they can give that same affection. Not just to me and my husband but to others. If CJ hears a child crying or sees someone that appears to be upset, he is sooo concerned. It is so sweet seeing their empathy and love towards people and I like to think I have something to do with that.

The last thing, but certainly in my eyes the most important. The boys have started praying. This makes my heart so happy. I have been praying with them for a long time and really wondered if they got it. One day I asked them to pray with me. Both of them put their hands together to pray. They stayed quiet as I said a prayer and when I said "In Jesus name, amen" HB tried to say amen. Insert heart eyed emoticon here. I melted and couldn't have been more proud.

It was at that moment I realized that they are taking in every single thing  we do and say. I "knew" that all along, but now I see it. And it is amazing. At the end of a stressful day, when I see their two happy, healthy and loving smiling faces, I know that I've done something right. I am so thankful for these two children of mine and so incredibly proud to be their momma.

Until next time friends! Hopefully it won't be 2 months ;)

~Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment