Sunday, May 17, 2015

Annnnd Life Changes Again

So remember how I was just saying that I feel I handle each transition in the boys' life with ease? I forgot about the toddler bed transition that we were soon to go through. Of course, not realizing it would be the day after I posted about the potty training attempt...

So as I sit here thinking "okay, it only took two times of me going in there, rubbing their backs and telling them these were the same beds they always slept in", I hear CJ just losing it. 

Hubby's turn. He seems to have calmed them both down. 

I'm planning for a long night...even if they do really well, I'm assuming I won't. What if they fall out of the bed? What if they wake up and get out of the room and are scared in the dark? What if they can't find my room in the dark? What if I don't hear them wake up? I have to remind myself that I'm not the first mother to put her babies in toddler beds and I'm not the first mother with these concerns.

Surprisingly this is another phase in life kids and parents do survive! Gasp! It's not always easy, but this is parenting. This is how you teach your children to be brave in a situation they aren't comfortable in. We had to move the beds to block the floor lamp so that the boys wouldn't mess with it during the night, so that adjustment was different too...poor guys! 

Anyways, wish us luck! I keep hearing them come out of the room and my hubby telling them to go back to sleep. I'm enjoying my glass of wine before the late night craziness ensues! 

And PS...we are sooooooo not those pintrest twin parents who have it all matching. I wish we could, I do, but the reality is, twins on a single income are expensive so we did what we could with cribs and bedding 😉 

Until next time friends 😘
{Nic}


No comments:

Post a Comment