Monday, October 7, 2013

They say it gets easier...

Who are they anyways? They are the parents of a new baby, the ones who have been through the sleepless nights, the messy houses and the struggle to balance it all. We can all relate to how mentally and physically demanding a new baby can be. I think one of the hardest parts though is that a baby doesn't know how much work they are. Ha! When they are crying and fussing and won't stop they have no clue that you are sleep deprived and that this is a huge adjustment to the life you had before. I guess that's why "they" say it gets easier...we all figure it out and get into a routine that adds some sanity to our new crazy but filled with love life. 

So it has been one of those mornings (I started writing this blog post this morning, as you can tell but I am JUST now getting around to posting it, at 8:30...). It actually started last night when CJ refused to go to bed even though I know he was exhausted. I tried CIO, which usually works but he wasn't having it, and I can only hear him cry for so long...so I caved. I think he is cutting some teeth so I brought him out and put him in the swing with a teether ring and some Tylenol. Oh did I mention this was all happening as I was tying to cook myself dinner and as my hubby was getting ready to leave for work? Last night there were a couple of rough hours, but we made it through. After a couple of hours of being up, CJ finally let me lay him in his crib and he passed out.

Then this morning...all was going according to plan. Twins wake up, I change and feed them,  they play while I make myself breakfast and eat, then they go in their swings and nap so I can shower. Oh wait! They were supposed to nap so I could shower! I know that when they have this nap it's my only time to get ready for the day...well CJ had other plans. Instead of falling asleep like usual, he fussed, so I took that as a sign he wanted his crib. So I laid him in there and it began....oy! Obviously his crib is some sort of torture chamber...I'm a mean momma! Not really though...I let him fuss for a little hoping he would tire himself out but that didn't work, and I really do hate hearing them cry. I put HB in the crib also and he fell asleep right away. And as he was snoozing away so was my chance to get ready... because you see, CJ was still wide awake and needing extra cuddles, and even though I was feeling very flustered, holding a baby is very calming and with two its rare I get the chance to just snuggle one, so I happy obliged :) 

As the day went on we had our ups and downs, and I just try to savor every moment. Hard or easy, I am thankful. I was finally able to shower around 1:30pm, and then Hubby let me take a nice long uninterrupted nap. It was glorious!

As I am reflecting on the day, I realize that both boys went to bed at 5:30 tonight...crazy right?! They are still sleeping as I type which is also amazing! Babies are constantly changing keeping us parents constantly on our toes. However, I am thankful for the crazy days with my boys. When they were in the NICU I couldn't wait to hear their cries in the middle of the night, I couldn't wait for the days where they just needed extra mommy love or the days where I could spend hours doing silly things just to hear them giggle. I have such an appreciation for the time I get to spend with my boys. My hubby works hard so I can be with my little loves and I am so thankful.

I love their little footsies!
  I went in a snuck a couple pictures of my sweeties...HB is above and CJ is below.

Oh! Also as a quick update...because I started consuming more calories (and I mean a lot more) my supply went back up! Yay! I also fed the boys on demand for a little while...which kind of made a bad habit with them, but that's besides the point. Mommy can still nurse and the boys are still happy with that so all is good! 

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment