Wednesday, March 26, 2014

End of Weight Loss Challenge

So I guess the biggest news would be that I didn't go to my final weigh in. I have a few reasons for not doing so...

I lost the weight I had gained from my last weigh in, plus more. Super stoked about that. However, what I didn't want was to go and be disappointed in the number I saw. This challenge was purely weight loss, they didn't take any other measurements and I KNOW that I have lost inches and gained muscle.

I don't want to put importance on the number on the scale. I do have a goal weight but what is more important to me is being healthy and liking how I look, not how much I weigh.

I honestly felt like I wasn't going to "win" the grande prize because I didn't lose that much. So I just opted out. At first I was really upset at myself, thinking I gave up. This is not the case, I still have my goals. I don't need to win a challenge to know that I have done well. I have a scale at home and I can see my weight loss at home. I don't need a prize for losing weight.

I am thankful for starting the challenge though. It got my butt in gear. It was something that I needed to help me really jump start my health journey. I had been trying and couldn't get the gusto to just do it. Well, this helped me and I am thankful for that. I have a lot to learn still, more weight to lose and more muscle to gain.

This is my after weight loss challenge photo

This was my before picture

WITH clothes on, you can't see a huge difference, but trust me there is one ;) I am really proud of myself. I'm a busy momma and making time to take care of myself has been very difficult, but being healthy for myself and my boys is really important to me. 

Here's to a healthy, happy me!

No comments:

Post a Comment