Friday, June 13, 2014

Take the time

Having twins is hectic, just as I'm sure having multiple children is. I spend most of my days just trying to survive and keep these two alive. I really, really try to have special moments with the boys...but it is hard. When I get a chance with one, the other is about to take a head dive off the couch onto the tile. Lord help me (and He has)!

Tonight I went to check on the boys before I snuck off to bed. I went to CJ's crib and he was laying on his back all sprawled out, so cute. I felt his chest move up and down and remembered a time when I had to watch through the incubator as he struggled to breathe. 

I walked over to HB's crib and touched his back, this woke him. Shoot!!! I thought, if I stay really still he won't know I'm in here and I can sneak out real quick and...he sits up, smiles then crawls up the side if his crib. I couldn't resist, I picked him up, sat in the glider and rocked him. So sweet.

I thought of this sweet momma Jacqui whose blog I've been following since her three year old boy passed away, I held HB closer. I looked at his tiny hands that aren't so tiny anymore. When he came into this world his hands were so incredibly small. HB laid there with his head on my chest, loving the special time with his momma. I soaked it in and didn't want to put him down.

The truth of the matter is, I get so caught up in routines. Making sure the boys get fed by this time, are down by naps at this time, don't crack their heads open falling off the couch, don't hit each other, share and on and on, along with the other household things I should be doing during the day. These routines make me forget to stop, and enjoy. Life is too darn short. My babies are babies ONE TIME. These moments are fleeting, I know one day I'll blink and they will be graduating high school, have girlfriends, move out. Tear. 

It is so important to love on your babies, no mater if they or you should be doing something else at that moment. Being a mom is the most exhausting thing I've ever done, but it is the best thing I've ever done. 

Be there, be present wih your littles, because hey are only little for so long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment