Thursday, June 5, 2014

Things I love about being a Mommy

 

This totally cracked me up because this is how I felt yesterday
 
First let me just tell you how my day went yesterday...

7am babies wake up get their milk
7:30am all madness breaks loose, the boys remember that they learned how to get on the couch...but they don't sit there, no no. They crawl, run, giggle...all the while I am trying desperately to save their little lives (and heads) so they don't fall off onto the tile. I'm now upset.
8am wrangled them into the front play room
Sometime between 8am and 9am I get us all fed, we play, I text a friend at the end of my rope because again they've gotten back on the couch. I've done timeouts, I've raised my voice (not proud). Do you have any idea how difficult time out is with twins? It's darn near impossible!
So that was JUST my morning. Pretty much all day went like that. Then CJ had a hard time falling asleep so he cried from about 7pm to I think 8:30pm he finally fell asleep, after my husband fell asleep in the rocker by their cribs.

It is safe to say, it was a hard day. My brain was fried, my emotions were fried, I was physically drained. All because I was trying to teach them it is not okay to act crazy on the couch, but also because I don't want them to get hurt on the tile. Some of you might think I am ridiculous and I should let them be crazy, but their safety was at stake. 

What this post is truly about though, is not my crazy day, but what I love about being a mommy. Even on those days.

Here are a few things I love about being a mommy:

The boys will bring me their toys that they know are supposed to make noises when they won't turn on.
I love watching them learn.
I love teaching them.
I love watching their eyes light up with Daddy gets home.
I love the random hugs they will give me.
I love that when I am in the kitchen they come "check" on me, give me a sweet smile then go back to playing
I love being one of the few people who understands them.
I love that they teach me new things everyday.
I love that they run to me if something makes them uncomfortable.
I love that I am their safe place, and they are mine.
I love that they are the best parts of my husband and I, and even though they are twins they couldn't be more different.

There is so much more I love about being a mom.  It grows on a daily basis.

I woke up today, renewed. I prayed all day yesterday for strength. Strength, He gave me. This morning when the boys went to the couch, instead of timeouts or yelling. I simply picked up the culprit, held his brother's hand and walked them both into the front room. Rerouting their attention. All three of us are much happier with this tactic. And they aren't challenging me nearly as much...hmm weird how that works.

So even on the days your having a bad mommy day, remember the things you LOVE about being a mom. Everything we experience here is temporary. That bad day, is a bad DAY not a bad life. Of course, I know in the moment it doesn't feel like that. In fact, if you had told me that yesterday, you would have probably gotten slapped. Ha!

Babies are stirring, so it is time for the second segment of my day to begin...anyone else feel like their day is in segments? Just remember, being a Mommy is such an amazing blessing, and we ALL have bad days...anyone who tells you different, is probably not being a straight shooter.

Love you all and have a beautiful weekend!

~Nic








No comments:

Post a Comment