Friday, June 21, 2013

Self Respect: Set Goals

Set goals
Exercise
Love yourself
Focus on fitness

Rest and relax
Eat right
Smile
Portray positive
Enjoy life
Care for others
Tell yourself you can do this

This is what was in the framed picture I posted last blog. I keep this in my kitchen so I can see it everyday and even if I don't practice each of these everyday at least I have a reminder. I was looking at this frame yesterday as I was feeling discouraged and the very first thing on this list is to set goals. I haven't really set any goals for myself in this eating better, clean whatever you want to call it journey. Besides saying I won't have sweets, which lasted all of three days (yeah I have no self control), I haven't set any clear goals for myself. So last night I started a list on my iPhone, just three items to begin with. I didn't want to overwhelm myself like I do with my "to do" list.

My three goals are to try to get more sleep, take one thing on my "to do" list a day and complete it, and make conscience decisions to eat healthy snacks. 

The boys are finally sleeping between 5 and 7 hours at night. It is hit and miss, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I stay up after they go to sleep because this is my only "me" time. I know I am the type of person who needs 8 hours a night, so I really need to start going to bed when they do, that way I will have more energy during the day, and maybe even enough to get out of bed earlier than the boys and get a work out in. My "to do" list is ever growing. I am a list maker, so to keep my sanity I am constantly writing lists...it's bad, and actually adds to my insanity! Ha! I know if I just get one thing done from that list a day I will feel good about myself. My last goal to make conscience decisions to eat healthy snacks. Sounds easy enough right? Well it's hard to train yourself to crave healthy foods, but I know I need to start somewhere, so snacks it is.

So for now I will focus on these three goals and add to them as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment