Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Just get moving!

My friend Sam and her hubby came over on Saturday to meet the boys! It was so nice to see them and get to show off our little men. Sam is so sweet and thoughtful and got me a gift bag of workout motivation! The above frame, new socks, shirt, headbands, and an adorable water cup...it's is so fun to get that kind of stuff. New workout attire is always motivating because you want I USE it! Thank you Sam! You are always so thoughtful and I love you! 

Yesterday I had such a nice day! The boys are giving me a little more sleep at night so I feel like I'm gaining a little bit of my sanity back. I went to my friend's place and she waxed my eyebrows (so I no longer look like Chewbacca, yeah I'm not sure how to spell that one, from Star Wars) and we went on a walk around the lake. It was beautiful and so nice to get out of the house. Those little outings make me feel human again. 
She is so sweet and suggested that we take a picture for my blog! It is so nice to have such support from friends! I know I might not be hitting the gym everyday (or any day yet for that matter) but just getting out and moving around is better than nothing. I think sometimes I get so discouraged that I can't make it to the gym yet, that I forget that even a walk around the neighborhood is good! I can't wait to do it again! 

Then on my way home I grabbed In N Out...oops. It was good though so I'm okay with it.

My friend Casey came over and met the boys. It's so fun to see my childhood friends with my babies. 

I've been having an out of control sweet tooth. So I TRY to make healthier options. This is what happens when you use applesauce instead of Greek Yogurt and Baking Soda instead of Baking Powder (because I wasn't paying attention)...
See the trick is to make something so nasty looking you won't eat it! Haha! Have I mentioned I'm a HORRIBLE cook? 

I found this Roasted Cinnomen Chickpea recipe and thought maybe that would satisfy my needs. Although delicious, they weren't sweet enough so I saved them as a treat for today. 
I must be lacking something in my diet causing this out of control sweet tooth. Today I decided I'm going to make conscious decisions about not eating sweets. I know that if you feed the "sweet tooth" or any type of unhealthy want, you'll CRAVE that kind of food, and that is what has happened to me. So until I get this back under control, no more brownies, cake, cookies etc., even in the "healthy" versions. 

Until next time...
I'll be snuggling with the two! When did they get so big?! *tear*

1 comment:

  1. OBSESSED with that picture of you snuggling! they are so freakin adorable!
    you are so welcome! I will be in your mindset not too long from now so i can be even extra supportive ;)
    you got this! walks are amazing if anything it clears the mind :)

    ReplyDelete