Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Weakness

Summertime staples around my house are BBQs, bonfires, beers and chips and dip. Wouldn't you know, these are my weaknesses. Who doesn't like to enjoy some salty food with a couple beers on a hot summer day? I am definitely struggling to make changes in my diet. I think part of the problem for me is that I am still losing weight even though I am not making the best choices. I know that won't last forever and once I am done nursing the boys I can't make these food choices and still expect to lose weight.  I guess everyone struggles though in the beginning. Changes are not always easy especially when you are so used to doing things a certain way for so long.

The whole point of this blog was for me to be held accountable...although I am pretty sure I only have a couple readers..Hi Sam! Hi Mom! Hi B! I feel totally hypocritical since I know I don't make the best food choices... but I am trying. It is something that is constantly on my mind, and my little sister inspires me everyday whether she knows it or not. Seeing her transformation and dedication make me want that. I want to show my boys how to live a healthy life, being active and eating healthy. I want it for myself, I want to look in the mirror and not criticize what I see, I want to BE healthy and FEEL healthy. I'm not wanting this change to be skinny but to be fit and strong.

Well until next time....

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH to eat what we want and still lose weight sounds like high school! LOL
    changing anything about yourself is always hard especially when we have done the same thing all our life. Its gonna take time and your gonna have weak moments...maybe this summer try new healthy recipes and be the one to bring them to the parties, those zucchini chips on pinterest look amazeballs!
    i firmly believe in moderation, your gonna do great and be an awesome example for your boys no matter what...the fact that you have already come this far and are honest and open about yourself speaks volumes!
    before i got preggers and slipped off the band wagon, if i knew we were going to a BBQ or party I would eat before hand, have my juice and a small snack that way i wasnt hunched over the chip and dip bowl...that may help too :)
    you are amazing and have amazing peeps around you! there is no way you can fail!
    oh and HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

    ReplyDelete