Sunday, May 5, 2013

On being a SAHM

My days no longer start at 5:30am with a shower, a leisure breakfast catching up on my shows, doing my hair, putting on makeup, and heading to work...

They go a little like this: around 2am babies start to stir, we (my hubby is a great help :)) wake up change diapers, I feed babies for about 20 minutes, we burp and hold babies up for another 15-20 minutes because they have reflux, wrap them back up and crawl into bed. Then around 5am I do it all over again, and hubby goes to work. This time instead of going back to bed I take this two hour gap to get ready if I can. I eat, watch some tv, shower and do my best to get dressed and ready for the day before they wake up, because I know the next time they are up for a feeding they won't go back to sleep until after the following feeding.

Why do I even take the time to get ready if I know I'll be spending my ENTIRE day inside? Doing my hair and putting on makeup helps me feel human somewhat. I want to not look sloppy when my hubby gets home from work. Even though I know I won't be leaving the house it just helps me feel like "me". My house feels like a mess, so if I can at least take care of me in the morning I feel like I accomplished something.

Being a Stay at Home Mom is no joke. I'm constantly reminded if the things I need to do around the house because I stare at them all day, but I'm exhausted when I do have the chance to get to them. I know that this stage won't last forever, my boys are only 10 weeks old. I do enjoy every moment I have with them, these are precious times that are fleeting. Babies grow and change all too quickly.

That's it for now, until next time... I'll be baby wrangling (as my hubby puts it).

No comments:

Post a Comment