Thursday, May 16, 2013

So it's been a few days

I'll be honest, I lost a little inspiration or motivation over the last few days. I started making not so great of food choices and feeling like I needed to regroup...So here I am. For me, the journey of making healthier food choices starts in my head. I think about the changes I want to make for a while and then I start to incorporate them into my day to day routine. It has to be a mental commitment and I have to accept the fact that every journey has a starting point. I won't be able to wake up one morning and make healthy choices  at every single meal on that first day, it takes time. I know that once I start making more healthy choices that my body will crave healthy food. I've done it before, I can do it again.

So my day started off with feeding my boys and they were gracious enough to be happy and content while I made myself blueberry pancakes, made with oat flour and protein powder. These were so good and I liked them a lot more than my strawberry ones. 





Yes I used powdered sugar on my healthy pancakes... Baby steps right? My friend came over and took some AMAZING pictures of my boys. When she left I realized I had a little while before the hooligans woke up and demanded a feeding so I made myself an ever so healthy half quesadilla, with chips...and as if that wasn't good enough, I decided those chips needed to be nachos...OUT OF CONTROL! What happened to "you make a good choice in the morning and you will for the rest of the day"? Oh and then I had a brownie. Oy, one healthy meal right? Baby steps...so after that ever so healthy lunch I ate, I felt pretty bad for eating that poorly and decided I would be good for dinner. I made myself chicken, steamed broccoli and sauteed onions in coconut oil. So yummy! 


I must say I am proud of myself for this one. An easy meal? Yes. However, for someone who doesn't cook, I was please with how yummy this turned out. My desert (because I have a sweet tooth that won't leave me alone lately), I'll make myself a shake with mixed berries and Greek yogurt...that outta curve my craving.

As a side note, when I call my babies hooligans it is out of much love. They are the light of my life, and although demanding, I wouldn't change one second with them. I just like to use a little humor. Being a mommy to twins has shown me what I am made of. I am stronger than I ever thought and have more love in my heart than I knew existed, for not only my babies, but for my husband as well. Having newborns is no joke. You learn to be selfless instead of selfish. When you focus on the smiles it makes the sleepless nights, the worry, the spit up, being peed on and pooped on all worth it ;)

Until next time!

~Nic

1 comment:

  1. hey we all fall off the wagon, many times too its how we get back on that speaks volume...like you said its mental and it takes time. i am no expert either but its totally ok to fall off, your doing amazing. just look at you, sexy mama!
    fall off eat a brownie then get back on and eat your chicken and broccoli its all good ;)

    ReplyDelete