Friday, May 10, 2013

Amazing Banana Fro Yo and a little recap

The last couple days have been hard. I think the lack of sleep is catching up with me. The boys are entering into a new stage where they are awake more often, I LOVE it! This means more smiles and cooing! However it also means less time for me to do anything remotely normal during my day. Today though, is a better day. I feel it!

So let us start with when things started to go down hill...Wednesday I was pretty tired all day. Feel very discouraged about food choices and how I am trying to balance eating right and eating at all during the day. So feeling discouraged I decided to make a dish called strada, and no its not healthy, but its delicious and I thought, tomorrow is another day. So as I am making my dish, I get to the part where it calls for pepper. Instead of measuring it like I should have, I thought, oh just eye ball it...and this is what happened:


Yes my pepper ended up in the eggs...go me! So I had to throw the pepper away because egg got into the pepper. Grrrrrr!

Flash forward to yesterday, another day of pure exhaustion. However, I decided I wouldn't be defeated in the kitchen. I'll admit I didn't make healthy choices ALL DAY, but I did make a healthy dinner and for that I was proud (as a side note: it takes time to make changes, so any small change in the right direction I feel is a good one). Ground turkey tacos, num nums! As I am making dinner, CJ of course needs me to hold him or he won't calm down so I decided to outsmart him! I got out the Baby Bjorn and plopped him in it! You are not stopping momma from what she is doing this time! I was HUNGRY! So as I sit down to eat this dinner I made, H starts fussing, and when he fusses I know he actually needs  something. So I held him and he fell right back to sleep on my chest (awwwe, I love these moments so much!). I was able to finish eating finally. I decided to sanitize the babies' little nose sucker thing (they had colds). So I turn on the stove and start boiling the germs off the nose sucker things and a pacifier. Then I think oh while the boys are sleeping I'll do the dishes. I grabbed the pan I made dinner in and 5, 4, 3, 2, 1......OUCH!!!!!!!!


My poor hubby walks in and I'm hunched over the sink crying and CJ is reaching his breaking point in the swing. Did I need to cry about the burn? I'm not really sure, but I did and it felt good! After about an hour of pain, trying to get the heat out, figuring out how to nurse both of the boys with one bunk hand...my mom showed up and nursed my hand back to tolerating levels. Oh and somewhere in between trying to get the heat out of my hand with honey, I dropped an apple sauce container on the floor and it broke open, of course! 

After the madness subsided and I was able to calm down, I made myself this AMAZING desert. I've been craving sweets, and this was so perfect. All it takes is bananas, unsweetened cocoa powder, peanut butter (or almond), and protein powder (if you want). I can't take credit for this because I am not creative in the kitchen at all...this recipe was one that I got from Pintrest, but you can also see the original post here: The Not Quite Vegan (with pictures).

Banana FroYo
1 serving
2 frozen bananas (sliced THEN put in the freezer, unless you are really smart like me and put a full banana in the freezer hoping you could cut it after)
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
1/2 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1 Scoop Protein Powder (Vanilla)

I used a blender and it had a hard time with the frozen bananas, so...in a food processor, blend bananas until a frozen yogurt consistency, add Peanut Butter, Cocoa Powder and Protein. Blend some more until mixed together. Then enjoy! SO delish!
 
That's me, enjoying my AMAZING Banana FroYo, with my classy bandage on my hand

Now off to do Pilates while my babies do tummy time. Does it count if they are sleeping? Ha!

*edit- did I say I was going to do Pilates? H woke up and I can't figure out how to hook my iphone up to the tv! 

1 comment:

  1. "Mama said there would be days like this, day like this my mama said, mama said, mama said"
    dont know why but that song came into my mind while reading this post ha!

    ReplyDelete