Sunday, May 22, 2016

A Little Update

Hi my amazing followers, all three of you! ;) I know I have been MIA for a bit. I love having my hubby home, however our schedule has gotten a little off track. Every extra moment I have (read: nap times and bed time) I'm catching up on Breaking Bad with my husband. I know we are a few years late, but hey we finally got hooked! So I fell way behind on my blogging. I'm not complaining though, I am loving this extra time with him.

Before his accident he was working 60+ hours including Saturdays. It was hard. Our family was missing our main man. I was missing my hubby and felt like a single parent for a good portion of the week. It goes without saying those hours were wearing on us. He was exhausted all of the time and the boys missed their daddy. We were good but in reflection I realize how moody I was toward him and the boys. We were pushing through, and kept saying "this isn't forever".

Sometimes, life events like this can drive a couple apart. There have been little events over the past few weeks that could have resulted in fights. We have been together for 10 years, but never spent this much uninterrupted time together. The good news? We still like each other! Woohoo! Husband and wife for the win! Instead of letting little frustrations of this situation drive us apart, we've used it to bring us closer and even though this hasn't been easy I am thankful. Thankful for this time with him. Thankful my boys have gotten so much time with their daddy. I am so thankful for the fun memories we have made as a family over the last 6 weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment