Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It hurts so good

So the other night my sibs, hubby and I had a spontaneous work out in my mom's garage. You work with whatcha got.

We made special stations, using an old night stand from my Gramp's house as a bench to do tricep dips (with cases of water for added weight, for the boys), weights from my brothers room, towels as yoga mats (haha),  my sister's pull up bar for push ups and pull ups, and put on some Bass Nectar radio and got cray cray.

We choose to do three sets of burn outs at each station.

Station 1: Tricep Dips and Pull Ups (or attempted pull ups where I held myself in a pull up position until fail)

Station 2:  Push Ups (wide and narrow)

Station 3: Chest Press and Around the Worlds

Station 4: Skull Crushers and Tricep Extensions 

Station 5: Plank (I went for 26 seconds and then a whole minute, STOKED!)

It felt so so so good to get a work out like that in. I haven't worked out for way too long.

We finished off with love from babies and protein shakes. YUM!

The day after,  I was pretty sore. In fact, I kind of thought I may have done some damage to my right arm...but after using it, the pain subsided to good ol fashioned soreness.

Today I am really sore, especially my core because of the planking, but it feels so good! When I feel that soreness, I know that I worked out hard and that if I keep it up I'll see some great results. Can't wait to go at it again!



Tricep Extensions






 Tricep Dips 


Push Ups and Around the Worlds
 

Bad A**es ;)


Bicep Curls
 
 
Skull Crushers


Annnnd I leave you with this picture of the two cutest little guys around! I am such a lucky momma :)


2 comments:

  1. Family fitness night is a go! Had so much fun and can't wait to get at it again!

    ReplyDelete