Thursday, January 16, 2014

So Far So Good

This is what my day one looked like:

Breakfast:
Protein pancakes
Snack:
Carrots and humus
Lunch:
Grilled Cheese Ezekiel Bread with cottage cheese
Snack:
Quest Bar
String cheese
Dinner:
Whole wheat pasta with Italian Sausage 
Before bed:
Protein shake 

I ate more today than I have in a long time..and I was hungry all day. And it was hard to make myself eat. I had a million and one things to do, and eating wasn't something on my list....but I made it happen.

I had to take CJ to physical therapy...as 10 o'clock rolled around, I knew it was crunch time. I had to get both car seats by the front door, along with the stroller, the seats for the stroller, the diaper bag repacked, toys for his physical therapy, myself dressed, boys fed, boys loaded into their seats, boys and everything else loaded into the car finally at 11:20...Yes, it take me that long to do all of that. Why does that hour before I have to go anywhere seem to disappear? Ha!

I also had to make sure to grab myself something to eat. I was starving and I knew that if I didn't get a snack, Taco Bell would literally make my car act like a magnet and I would have been driving home with a delicious bean and cheese burrito and a cheese quesadilla....yummmmmm.

BUT, because I packed my snack of carrots and humus, I was able to resist the urge. It also helped that I took backroads home so the temptation wasn't there. I was very proud of myself. 

Day two looked like this:

Breakfast:
Protein Pancakes
Snack:
Carrots and Humus
Lunch:
Ezikiel Grilled Cheese
Cottage Cheese
Snack:
Quest Bar
 Dinner:
Grilled Chicken and Quenoa
After Gym:
Protein Shake

Gym day!

I was PUMPED to be going to the gym. It is the first time in, gosh, a year and half. I think...

I worked out in the beginning of my pregnancy. It wasn't long though until my body was aching and I was exhausted.  So that didn't last.

Yes, many preggo mommies can work past the exhaustion and achy-ness, I was not one of them. Oh well.

I hate working out at the free weights, not because I hate lifting but because I'm intimated by the people who actually know what they are doing. So I stuck to the assisted machines. I am sure I will get comfortable in the free weights, just not there yet.

I started on the elliptical, did leg exercises and end with a 20 min cardio sesh on the elliptical again. I had gone on a walk/ run early that day so I think I got my fair share of cardio in ;)

As the week has gone on, I have felt great. I have definitely had my moments where I want to eat everything and anything in the house, especially when I got home from the gym, but I resisted. It was and and will continue to be hard. Any change is.

I took a picture of my side profile this morning, and much to my surprise I can see a big difference! It's been nearly a month since I started thinking hard about what I was eating, but it's been the last four days that I have actually stuck to a clean eating lifestyle. I have more energy, I am in a better mood, I've been getting more done around the house. It feels great!

Seeing my progress in the picture this morning was an even bigger motivator. I can't wait to see what a month will bring!





1 comment: