Friday, April 15, 2016

Today I was a major B

Funny title right? It's all I could think of. This week has been hard, my routine with the boys has been a little different, my poor husband has been sleeping on the couch because it is the only place he can prop up his arm, and the boys are not sleeping well...plus a gazillion other things.

So naturally, I was not a nice mommy or wife this morning. If I was married to any less of a man this day could have gone really sour, but instead he let me throw my adult tantrum all morning while we shopped until I got sleep after the boys went down. Before I closed my eyes, I prayed. I was so upset for my behavior. I was upset that my routine was off. I was upset I let my selfish nature get in the way of graciously taking care of my husband. I was a being a B and I knew it.

I woke up refreshed and apologized. My husband sweetly told me I was being "difficult". I was reminded that although our marriage is truly amazing, it is so easy for our selfish nature to get in the middle. Everything I was upset about this morning was because my normal was off. But what about his? How is he feeling not being able to work, or constantly having to hear me say "babe, don't do that" or "you should rest"? I know he is struggling. He hates that he cannot be back at work not only for our family, but because his work crew depends on him. He hasn't been rude to me though.

*I hang my head*

Ashamed.

I am quickly reminded that admitting my wrong and letting him tell me how I was acting without getting too offended we were able to move right along with our evening. I'm in a better mood because I got to confide in him how I am feeling and this small hiccup brought us closer. These next two weeks will be hard. They will be an adjustment. Together we can get through this little crazy blip in our regularly scheduled programs.

Moral of the story? Be thankful for your spouse. Don't let your selfish nature get in the way, most often times the issue comes from yourself and not your spouse. Believe it or not, your spouse does like you, and does know when you're struggling. Let them love you and let them support you. Sometimes they know more about you, than you know about yourself. Be kind. Be honest. Be vulnerable. That's when the Lord is working on your heart and opening a new door.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone is a B sometimes Nic! I've probably been more of one than you'll ever be! LOL. But I can relate because both Nate and I are creatures of habit and when something happens that throws off our routine, we get snippy. I think you always handle things well and with grace, and I'm sure you've just been stressed! How's his hand? And great advice on having faith in times of need :)

    ReplyDelete